Welcome back to the Grand Prix Atlanta countdown blog!
Yesterday, I introduced you to the wonderful cosplayers who will be joining Grand Prix Atlanta this weekend. So if you're looking to get a photo with one of your favorite Magic characters, A-Town is the place to be on November 10-12.
Now that you know all of the reasons to attend Grand Prix Atlanta, the only thing left to do is figure out how to get there and where to lay your head at night. So let's talk travel and lodging today, shall we?
If you're flying to Grand Prix Atlanta, you've only got one airport to choose from: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, a joint civil-military public international airport, is less than fifteen miles from the Georgia World Congress Center with plenty of public transportation available to get to and from. I've flown through ATL quite a few times during my travels for the SCG Tour® and have found it fairly simple to navigate, so anyone with fears of having to navigate a complex airport can rest easy.
To take public transit from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport to the Georgia World Congress Center:
M Gold/Red > M Blue/Green (34min) ($2.50)
1. Take the MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority) Gold/Red Northbound line from Airport Station to Five Points. (17 mins/ 7 stops)
2. Switch to Green/Blue Westbound and get off at Dome-GWCC-Philips Arena-CNN Station. (1 min/ non-stops)
3. Walk to the convention center. (5 mins/ 0.3 mi)
M Gold/Red > M Blue/Green (37min) ($2.50)
1. Take the MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority) Gold/Red Northbound line from Airport Station to Peachtree Center Station. (18 mins/ 8 stops)
2. Walk to the convention center. (14 mins/ 0.7 mi)
Finding a place to stay this late in the game can be difficult, but here are two hotels that should be able to assist you in finding a place to lay your head at night:
Hyatt Regency (Atlanta Downtown)
265 Peachtree St. NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
Distance from venue: .7 miles
255 Courtland St.
Atlanta, GA 30303
Distance from venue: 1 mile
Parking: $28.00/self-parking, $36.00/valet
What Tomorrow Brings
Now that you know more about how to make your way around Atlanta, you're gonna need to find some good places to eat. Fortunately for you, I'm a foodie through and through. So for tomorrow's entry in the Grand Prix Atlanta Countdown Blog, I'll be telling you about all of the excellent places to eat at during your stay at Grand Prix Atlanta. See ya then!
Previous Grand Prix Atlanta Blogs
- Countdown To Grand Prix Atlanta: 11 Days Out - Event Overview!
- Countdown To Grand Prix Atlanta: 10 Days Out - Registration Options And Rewards
- Countdown To Grand Prix Atlanta: 9 Days Out - Main Event Registration
- Countdown To Grand Prix Atlanta: 8 Days Out - Side Event Information
- Countdown To Grand Prix Atlanta: 7 Days Out – Guest Of Honor!
- Countdown To Grand Prix Atlanta: 4 Days Out – Artists Alley
- Countdown To Grand Prix Atlanta: 3 Days Out – Cosplayers!