Here I am, reading Sheldon's 500th question article when lo - out of nowhere, Ferrett interjects with this misinformed opinion:
"(And perhaps the only known good use for Bind -- The Ferrett)"
...in reference to Binding a Pernicious Deed.
The only known good use for Bind?!? Heck no. Don't believe me? Okay...here's 58, all from the current Type 2, and only using things I've seen in other people's decklists or have had played against me. Some of them suck, but some of them are really good.
1. Stopping Dust Bowl from destroying your land.
2. Stop Mageta from killing all your guys. Note: This is Tap a 3/3, opponent discards two cards for 1G.
3. Slow down the Rebel Chain. In fact, in high level events, you could theoretically get your opponent in trouble this way. If they start searching without giving you a chance to respond, they've technically rearranged their deck - which is to say the least, illegal.
4. Stop your opponent from searching with Sterling Grove.
5. Killing a Burst token as it is made.
6. Stop a Kris Mage from killing your Bird/Elf/Sergeant/Falcon.
7. Stop Pernicious Deed from wasting your stuff.
8. Stop them from Porting your City of Brass.
9. Causing your opponent to think that you are a bad player, and therefore he stops concentrating, assuming that the game is in hand.
10. Stopping Seismic Assault from doing two damage.
11. Stopping Temporal Adept from bouncing stuff.
12. Stop Charging Troll, Spiritmonger, and Spectral Lynx from regenerating.
13. Stop Seal of Fire from hitting stuff.
14. Slow down the search by Merfolk Looter.
15. Stop Rootwater Thief from gaining flying.
16. Kill their blocker when they sac Fires to save it.
17. Save your critter from the mighty Tahngarth.
18. Stop Kavu Chameleon from changing color.
19. Stop your opponent from tapping Static Orb with Opposition.
20. Stop one of your creatures from Waving out.
21. Stop Elvish Lyrist from killing your stuff.
22. Stop Story Circle or a COP from preventing damage.
23. Stop an Acolyte from protecting one of their guys.
24. Stop Sivvi from recurring stuff.
25. Stop Razorfin Merfolk/Stinging Barrier/Prodigal Sorcerer from killing your guys.
26. Stop Trench Wurm from popping your Port.
27. Stop Bloodfire guys from clearing your board.
28. Stop your opponent from drawing off Symbiotic Deployment.
29. Avoid losing a card to Disrupting Scepter
30. Stop your opponent from drawing off of a Jayemdae Tome.
31. Stop Seal of Removal from bouncing something.
32. Stop Rebel Informer from doing its thing.
33. Stop Kor Haven from preventing your creature from doing damage.
34. Stop Samite Elder from protecting his guys.
35. Drawing a card instead of milling two from your deck when your opponent Millstones you.
36. Stop a Light/Lawbringer from removing your guy from the game.
37. Make your opponent waste nine mana trying to throw a Pyre Zombie.
38. Stop Keldon Necropolis from hitting you for two.
39. Stop your opponent from making a creature with Saproling Cluster.
40. Stop Noble Panther from gaining first strike.
41. Stop Ebony Treefolk from getting bigger.
42. Make a Defender-en-Vec prevent two less damage.
43. Drawing a card when someone activates a Chimeric Idol. (They might not realize they can just do it again.)
44. Make your opponent discard two cards for nothing when he Meteor Storms.
45. Cost your opponent a land when he tries to Rath's Edge something.
46. Stop an Apprentice from using its ability when you need to.
47. Prevent a Thrashing Wumpus from doing a point of damage.
48. Stop Seal of Strength from pumping something.
49. Stop Scavenger Folk from killing your artifacts.
50. Stop Samite Archer from preventing damage or poking stuff.
51. Stop Distorting Lens from changing the color of your stuff.
52. Stop Alexi from bouncing all your critters
53. Stop Predator, Flagship from offing one of your guys.
54. Stop Seal of Cleansing from destroying something.
55. Stop Kill Switch from tapping all artifacts.
56. Stop Rappelling Scouts from gaining protection.
57. Save a creature from Slingshot Goblin.
58. Keep a Questing Phelddagrif from gaining protection from black and red, flying, or pumping.
This list is partially a joke, but everything there is quite legal. I'd be surprised if you could find a T2 deck that Bind has no use against. Well, except Skies, since the only card to Bind in skies are Spiketail Hatchling (which only happens if you're tapped out anyway) and a bunch of sideboard cards...
Anyway, I may be the only person who believes Bind is not only playable in T2, but is in fact quite good. (Well, that's not actually true. A lot of my local players fear Bind.) It's almost never a dead card, and it actually generates significant card advantage quite often.